Friday 31 October 2008

generalities

There was going to be a post on apathy before this one. There still might. But I honestly couldn't be bothered to post it. And that is the truth. Not a clever word game. Where is the world coming to?

Anyway, today is a day of bothering about things. And a day of packing. For since I have the next four days off, (thank you timetable god!) I'm headed to Sussex-shire (hmmm. Uni is getting to my head- not every county has a shire in it. Pity. It is a nice word. Sounds nice. Makes a nice sussurus. (sp?) And horses. Shire horses really are the nicest horses going. almost as nice as those shaggy cows with the horns. Now they are lovely!

Back to life now I have sat and thought about cows for a bit. I love listening to conversations. Or hearing people talk about conversations they have with other people. You pick up some real gems. And I don't mean gossip. Some friends of mine were talking about square numbers when I was dozing in between lectures (disaster there. Actually snored IN the lecture. Again. Meh. need more sleep of a Thursday night.) When I heard one friend say to another "Sod square numbers. I like circles!" Well. That gave me a fit of the giggles - as you might imagine (especially if you know me. For those who don't, I have an active sense of humour and I giggle a lot.) Mostly, I must admit, because when people say something like that, it brings to mind some of the more blond things that I have said over the years. And yes. That DOES include the Dorset rainforest episode.

Anyway. Packing. Because, as I said before I got distracted by cows (a legit reason: they were wondering past on tother side of the road) I have the next four days off, I am heading down to Sussex - west, not east - to visit my Nan. So packing. Must remember the computer... Yes indeed. What makes me laugh is that I am having to goto Sussex via London which is normal, and York, which isn't. Leeds being a sight closer and the train from York going through there anyway. Fine. OK. Lets go with it. so far, every time I have gone home or come back up here on the train, something has happened. Like my suitcase falling apart. Literally, and on the underground at that. Cows blocking the line so as my train was cancelled, so I missed my booked connection. Or falling asleep and adding a good hour/ two hours onto my journey time because of it. it will be interesting to see if anything of the like happens between here and Chichester, where Nan lives, and before it has always been between here and Polegate, where I live. I'm starting to get excited now though: I haven't seen any of my family since term started. and didn't think I would be until Christmas. Thank goodness I haven't got an overly heavy workload at this moment in time. Although I will be bringing work with me.

Also. I have just started a very expensive hobby. LARP. Live Action Role-Play. Basically I get to run around on a field with a big sword and hit people with it. A foam sword I hasten to add. Soon to be latexed. I really can't wait for that to really kick off next year when things get a little warmer. It really will be fun.

And as for knitting. Well that really is starting to get on my goat. On my forth pattern for a woolly hat. And this one not going exactly to plan either. rescue remedy: go and talk to Nan about it. She'll know what to do. So that is what I shall do. And on the subject of Circle numbers, does 11 count? because that is a nice number indeed.

NB. Have just noticed: I start an awful lot of sentences with and. That surely isn't good grammar. And don't call me Shirley!

No comments: