Friday 10 September 2010

Day 2

My favourite Movie. Oh lord.
Sister Act. I or II I don't mind. I adore them. Whoopie Goldburg is, to my mind, amazing. Rat Race ain't bad either.
Also Pan's Labyrinth for something a little more serious. That movie was inspired. And The Labyrinth. Ummm... David Bowie's crotch (or codpiece, you decide.) Labyrinth has some good music. And if you want a chuckle, Mel Brooks is good for a laugh. Try High Anxiety. Or Robin Hood Men In Tights and the classic Blazing Saddles.
Musical wise, West Side Story is something I inherited off my dad, And The Phantom of the Opera I was introduced to by an amazing and long time friend who is currently pretending to be an American. Speaking of Americans, An American in Paris is really rather good as well. In fact I like most of the old musicals.
And that leads me onto my secret (well, not so secret) passion. Old war films. To name a few, The Dambusters, The Great Escape (and Chicken Run) U451, and that one about the man who designs the new war planes and the last thing he sees before he dies is one flying overhead. I never can remember the name of that one. And there are lots more, but this post will be stupidly long if I don't stop now :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMGOSH SERIOUSLY!!!! Labrynth should totally be an 18 - his crotch should sooo not be allowed in a kids movie D: D: XD

Good choices :) apparently Whoopi was in the opening act of the stage version of sister act D: but she had to fly home cos of her mum's ill health :(

Hanna said...

She was playing the mother Superior. I know, and it started the week after I came back up north^^