Wednesday 11 February 2009

The three modes of me.

I have three modes of action. Thinking, doing, and apathetic.

If I am thinking about doing something, I tend to become blond in all other aspects of my life, and everything I'm doing sort of, well, grinds to a halt. I still say someone forgot to tell me where the on/off switch was for the rest of my mind. Thinking also seems to kick in after doing something. Often something silly. It's funny how these are sort of joined. Like on a boat on tow on a very long rope. Sometimes the swell and such will bring the thinking closer to the doing. And then, indeed, I can seem almost normal. Post-doing thinking is often triggered with a 'Hannnnnnnnaa! what have you done?!' or such similar words.

Heh. I've just realised I have compared my brain to a sea. Big and wide and wet. I am...wet, and apparantly bigheaded. Hmmm. not entirely sure how well that one worked out.

Then there is the doing. Doing usually involves little thinking, either during or beforehand. I am often quite blond then as well. There's nothing more I can really say about the doing, except that it has produced some epic fail, but some equally epic win at times, so overall, it is a neutral mode. And then there is apathy.

Apathy is something we all experience from time to time. Even the most energetic of us. Times when our Get-up-and-go Gets-up-and-goes. When you just can't be bothered to do anything. Anything at all. (Truly, and amusingly, I have had that paragraph sitting on my computer for about three months before I could be bothered to do anything with it.)

Obviously, as a member of Homo sapiens I have other emotions and modes and ways of being. But to my mind, they all seem to click into these three categories. (it's amazing how simple we really are when we get down to it.) Like now. I am in blog mode, whilst also desperately tired. but the doing mode has taken over and I will finish this blog entry. Which I think I may have. it does seem to have come back to the beginning.

So, ah, well. Goodbye.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Big, wide and wet perhaps, but is your brain full of boats?
Or the mighty kraken?
Maybe that's why the thinking takes a while. S'got to get past all the fishes.